HYDROGEN PEROXIDE UK:
Hydrogen Peroxide UK is a colorless liquid. It's also known as H2O2 and has many households uses including disinfecting cuts and burns and bleaching hair. It's also found in rocket fuels, plastics, and textiles such as deodorant.
Where does HYDROGEN PEROXIDE come from:
Hydrogen peroxide is made when oxygen interacts with hydrogen. Superheated water can split into hydrogen and oxygen gases; the two gasses can mix and explode. Hydrogen peroxide is made by mixing these gasses.
What are the benefits of using HYDROGEN PEROXIDE UK:
Some people use hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash to treat cavities or gum disease because it fights bacteria. Others put it on their skin as an anti-acne treatment.
What are the dangers of using HYDROGEN PEROXIDE:
Hydrogen peroxide can damage cells if not used properly or stored in high temperatures. It is highly flammable and mixing it with other chemicals can produce toxic fumes and heat. When mixed with bleach and ammonia, it creates a dangerous gas that can cause breathing problems and may prove fatal if inhaled.
How is HYDROGEN PEROXIDE used for household purposes:
Hydrogen peroxide can be found in many different products including fertilizers, fabric dyes, and cleaners. It has bleaching powers so it's used to remove stains from certain foods like coffee or tea, grass stains on clothes, and color from hair.
Hydrogen peroxide is also found in toothpaste and mouthwashes to treat cavities and gum disease. It can be used as a disinfectant for cuts and burns, but hydrogen peroxide should not stay on the skin long because it may cause damage.
What should you do if you come in contact with hydrogen peroxide:
If you come into contact with large quantities of hydrogen peroxide, get to fresh air and seek medical attention immediately. If there is a small amount on your skin or clothes, avoid friction and wash it off using water and soap. If there's any irritation, get immediate medical attention.
What are its effects if ingested:
If you accidentally swallow hydrogen peroxide, drink water and get medical attention immediately. It is not safe to induce vomiting or try to neutralize the substance in any way because it can be fatal. Hydrogen peroxide should also not be inhaled because it affects the lungs like a corrosive substance. If inhaled, get immediate medical attention even if there are no signs of breathing problems.
Hydrogen peroxide attached to a cotton ball can be used as an emergency treatment for someone with oral alkyl nitrites poisoning.
However, hydrogen peroxide is not safe for this use unless it is mixed with another substance such as baking soda.